Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Weekend of Champions!

I had the best weekend EVER! It all started on Friday morning when I ended up not having to go into work! The night before I had gone out for a "few" beers with some co-workers and ended up not getting home until close to 11:00. Being the responsible adult that I try to be, I did not drive home so my car was stuck in Buckhead for the remainder of the evening and most of the next morning. Here is a tip for everyone - have your boss with you at happy hour so he tells you that you do not have to come to work the next day because he won't be there either! :)
So, I got to sleep in a bit and was able to get a cab ride to my car around 11:00 a.m. the next day and still have lunch with my friend Melissa! That evening I started to get ready for my hot date I had that evening. My hubby and I were finally going to celebrate our anniversary with a night out on the town!

Bruce had a wonderful surprise for me and had a driver scheduled to pick us up at 6:15 for our dinner reservations at 7:00. Of course, nothing ever works out perfectly!! Around 6:20, we got a phone call from Larry, our driver, that he was about 3 miles from our house at the Publix where his car was overheating. We just had to laugh! We asked him if he could guarantee someone could pick us up from dinner and we'd just leave our car overnight again. He said that they would be there with no problem, so we went ahead and headed out to dinner. Halfway down I-285, Larry called us back and said "Have a great time - call me when you are done with your evening and Mark & I will come and pick you guys up and also drive your car home so you don't have to leave it. And also, we'll do it for free!" We were totally stoked! How cool was that?

Us after dessert

So, we did just that - had an amazing time! We had dinner at Anthony's Fine Dining in Buckhead and it was delicious! We both had the surf & turf - beef tenderloin and lobster tail. So delicious! We had martinis and a bottle of wine and shared a yummy cheesecake dessert.


Afterwards, we decided we'd head to The Grape for an after dinner glass of wine. But that actually turned into a bottle of after dinner wine! Thank god for the driver!!! :) We were picked up shortly after that and taken safely home. It was wonderful.

The next day we sat around most of the day and recovered from our wine hangovers. But that night still had the best to come! STONE TEMPLE PILOTS reunion show!!!!!! Now, anyone who has known me for any length of time, knows that I am completely obsessed with this band and more importanly Scott Weiland. Yes, heroin addicted junkie, Scott Weiland. I know, I know - it doesn't make a bit of sense, but I love him! So, just let it be!! :)



My other man

The show was GREAT! My brother totally got us the hookup with free VIP tickets and STP did not disappoint at all! I hope they can stick together for the long haul, only time will tell.

So, that is it...my AMAZING weekend. I couldn't ask for more.

No comments: