Monday, November 5, 2007

Chicken Tortilla Soup = YUM!

Ok, I got this off of allrecipes.com and made it last night for dinner...all I can say is that it is a KEEPER! I wish I would have taken a picture of the finished product, but you'll have to take my word for it! :) I didn't use that much chicken broth, but I just eye balled it - it turned out perfect! ENJOY!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

INGREDIENTS
2 Tbsp margarine
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (or a rotisserie chicken works and cuts down on the cook time)
2 poblano peppers, diced
2 anaheim chili peppers, diced
2 kernals of fresh corn cut off the cob
1 large tomato, diced
1/2 large onion
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 can of black beans
1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin
Black Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp salt or to taste
1 1/2 bay leaves
15 oz tomato juice
3 qt. chicken broth
for garnishment: monterrey jack or cheddar, tortilla chips

DIRECTIONS
1. In a soup or stock pot, melt the margarine and add the next seven ingredients.
2. Saute until the chicken is cooked, the veggies are tender and the onion transparent.
3. Add the cumin, pepper, chicken broth, salt, bay leaves, and tomato juice.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Serve with shredded cheese and broken tortilla chips.

No comments: